|Aardvark International – choose up to six trips abroad!||See Below|
|Semester Plus Program – Includes 2 months in the USA||$12,990*|
|Year Plus Program – Includes 2 months in the USA||$20,990*|
* Plus Programs – in addition to the activities in Israel, the tuition includes round-trip flight (TLV-NYC), insurance, NYC and DC trips, J1 visa to the USA, and placement services at camp. Additionally, participants will be paid $400 in exchange for working at summer camp. Please note: Many participants are eligible for an automatic grant from Masa, which will be deducted from the cost of the program tuition listed above. Needs-based scholarships are also available. For more information about Masa and other scholarship sources, click here.
Special Interest Options: Students may choose 1 per semester. The price is $1,499.
- Israeli Military (Jerusalem)
- Sea Sports (Tel Aviv)
- Entrepreneurship (Tel Aviv)
- Selah (Jerusalem) – only $1,000
- Law and Government (Jerusalem)
- Mind – Body Connection (Tel Aviv)
- Social Media and Communications (Jerusalem)
- Selah (Tel Aviv) – only $1,000
- Fall 2017 trips include: Spain, Czech Republic and China
- Spring 2018 trips include: Ethiopia, Italy and Germany
|— 1 International Trip||$2,300|
|— 2 International Trips||$4,400|
|— 3 International Trips||$6,300|
|— 4 International Trips||$8,000|
|— 5 International Trips||$9,500|
|— 6 International Trips||$10,800|
|Nepal Cultural Exchange||$2,500|
*Price is subject to change based on the number of participants.
The Fine Print
Program prices are fixed in US Dollars ($). The price of Aardvark Israel includes program tuition, housing, medical insurance, fees for all academic courses, field trips, seminars, local transportation, and more. Each special interest program price includes the cost of all instruction, extra-curricular activities, workshops, and seminars. The World Travel and Aardvark International program prices include round trip airfare between Israel and the foreign destination and all program costs associated with each trip, including meals during foreign travel. The cost of any visas which may be required are not included in the program tuition. The cost of most meals is not included in the price of the program. Aardvark Israel staff will work with the students in each apartment to develop a system whereby everyone contributes evenly to the purchase of groceries and preparing meals together so as to most efficiently and cost effectively live together. Families should plan on their child spending approximately $1500 on grocery costs over the course of the year or $750 per semester. In our experience, students and their families are most satisfied by having this type of control over their dietary needs and when not required to eat in a communal dining room. Round trip airfare to/from Israel is not included in the program tuition in order to lower the costs to the participant. Students are welcome to fly on the airline of their choice or purchase a ticket using frequent flier miles.
Payment Schedules and Cancellation Policy
For all Programs:
- $100 Non-Refundable Application Fee – required upon registering
Programs beginning in August:
- March 1 – Pay Deposit of $5,000 to lock in last years Price (refundable before June 1)
- After March 1, the program tuition will increase by $1,000 for Year long programs and $500 for Semester programs
- July 1 – Balance of tuition due
- A $500 late fee will be assessed for failure to submit tuition or a signed payment plan agreement by the July 1 deadline
Programs beginning in January:
- Spring 2018 EARLY BIRD SPECIAL – Pay deposit of $5,000 by June 1, 2017 and receive one of our international trips to Germany, Spain, Czech Republic, Ethiopia, China or Italy for FREE (deposit fully refundable before November 1, 2017)
- August 1 – Deposit of $5,000 due (refundable before November 1)
- December 1 – Balance of tuition due
- A $500 late fee will be assessed for failure to submit tuition or a signed payment plan agreement by the December 1 deadline
Cancellation Fees For Programs beginning in August, all tuition payments are fully refundable prior to June 1, with the exception of the non-refundable $100 application fee. Between June 1 and July 15, a $1000 cancellation fee will apply. After July 15 and prior to the start of the program, a $2500 cancellation fee will apply. Students enrolled in add-on programs will be charged an additional $500 cancellation fee upon withdrawing after June 1 and additional cancellation fees will be assessed for any tickets and other arrangements already purchased for World Travel programs. For Programs beginning in January, all tuition payments are fully refundable prior to November 1, with the exception of the non-refundable $100 application fee. Between November 1 and December 15, a $1000 cancellation fee will apply. After December 15 and prior to the start of the program, a $2500 cancellation fee will apply. Students enrolled in add-on programs will be charged an additional $500 cancellation fee upon withdrawing after November 1 and additional cancellation fees will be assessed for any tickets and other arrangements already purchased for World Travel programs. Any cancellations which are made once the program begins may incur penalties up to the full cost of the program or add-on.
- For example, the Jewish Community Foundation of the East Bay awards grants to teens and college students wanting to participate in Israel programs. Aardvark Israel Programs participants are eligible for their grants so if you are coming from Alameda, Contra Costa, Napa or Solano Counties you should click here to apply.
Keith Berman AACI Israel Scholarship – Aardvark Israel’s co-founder and founding director, Keith Berman z”l, was a key figure in the world of Jewish Zionist Education dedicating his career to bringing young adults to Israel for meaningful long-term experiences and encouraging aliya. He tragically passed away in November 2014, leaving behind him a legacy of passion and commitment to Israel. The Keith Berman AACI Israel Scholarship Fund was established to enable young adults, ages 17-21, to study and volunteer in Israel in order to deepen their connection to Judaism and Zionism while also fostering personal growth through a long-term, educational program. Please click here for more information.
Here is a partial list of Federations that may grant Israel scholarships. If you do not find your community listed below, you may find the contact information for your local Jewish Federation by clicking here.
- AZ Jewish Federation of Greater Phoenix
- CA Jewish Community Foundation of the East Bay
- CA Jewish Federation of San Diego
- CT Jewish Federation of Greater New Haven
- CT The Foundation – Jewish Communities of Western CT
- FL Jewish Community of Lee and Charlotte Counties
- FL Greater Miami Jewish Federation
- GA Jewish Federation of Greater Atlanta
- IL Jewish Federation of Metropolitan Chicago
- IN Jewish Federation of Greater Indianapolis
- KS Jewish Federation of Greater Kansas City
- MA Combined Jewish Philanthropies
- MD Jewish Federation of Howard County
- MI Jewish Federation of Greater Ann Arbor
- MN Jewish Federation of Greater St Paul
- MN Minneapolis Jewish Federation
- NE Jewish Federation of Omaha
- NH Jewish Federation of New Hampshire
- NJ Jewish Federation of Southern New Jersey
- NJ Jewish Federation of Northern New Jersey
- NY Jewish Federation of Greater Orange County
- NY Jewish Federation of New York
- NY Jewish Federation of Northeastern New York
- NY Jewish Federation of Rockland County
- OH Jewish Federation of Cincinnati
- OH Jewish Education Center of Cleveland
- OH Jewish Federation of Columbus
- PA Jewish Federation of Greater Philadelphia
- TN Jewish Federation of Greater Chattanooga
- TX Jewish Community Association of Austin
- TX Jewish Federation of San Antonio
- WA Jewish Federation of Greater Seattle
- Crowdfunding – If you are ready and excited to start planning your trip, but discouraged by a financial roadblock, Aardvark Israel has another solution for you. We have teamed up with FundMyTravel, who provides us with an online platform where you can fund-raise for your meaningful travel experience. You create a campaign page, complete a brief profile to build trust, add a video and tell your story!FundMyTravel has a team of dedicated staff who want to help Aardvark participants reach their fundraising goals. They can provide tips and insights on the best ways to spread your word and offer sharing tools to get your campaign greater exposure through social media and email. Click the button below to learn more and get started!
- Plant Your Way To Israel – sponsored by the Jewish National Fund, you simply sell trees to be planted in Israel by JNF. 50% of the funds raised will be awarded to you towards your Israel program tuition. Contributions are tax-deductible. For more information, click here.
- Be’chol Lashon – this organization promotes positive, pluralistic, multicultural expressions of Judaism that embrace ethnic, racial and cultural diversity within the Jewish people. They have established a scholarship fund to which tax-deductible donations may be made and specifically earmarked to individual students attending Aardvark Israel. Students will receive 90% of the funds raised. For more information, click here.
Aardvark Israel in Tel Aviv 39 Levinsky Street, 2nd Floor Tel Aviv 6610910 Aardvark Israel in Jerusalem 34 Yossi Ben Yoezer, Knisa Gimel Jerusalem 9330154