Masa Year of Service
- Volunteer through the Israel Volunteer Association alongside Israelis engaged in Sherut Leumi – a year of national service
- Gain deep experience in fields such as education, health, welfare, and co-existence
- Live and volunteer alongside Israelis completing a year of service
Students will volunteer for 8 hours a day, 4 days a week in organizations such as hospitals, schools, kindergartens, and NGO’s. Placements will provide relevant on-the-job training in those fields and students will become a valuable member of the team as they contribute to their work placements. Students will work side by side with Israelis from diverse backgrounds, thus being immersed in Israel society, meeting different types of Israel, and improving their Hebrew.
One day a week, students will have educational and enrichment activities. These will include Hebrew ulpan, educational seminars focusing on Judaism and Zionism, and field trips to explore Israel.
Through evening activities and optimizing their free time, participants will have both social and educational opportunities to further enhance their experience. Options will include sports, social and cultural events, guest speakers, and leadership development activities. These opportunities will empower participants to explore the many faces of Israel.
Weekends are free for the students to travel around Israel, visit friends and family, or enjoy a relaxing weekend in their own apartment.
- The IVA directs more than 9000 volunteers (per year) from a variety of groups – employing Jewish and Arab, secular and religious, male and female, disabled and non-disabled volunteers.
- The IVA has over 180,000 alumni who, through the Association’s efforts, received a real opportunity to contribute to Israeli society.
- The Association’s volunteers jointly contribute over 12 million volunteering hours per year