- Get on-the-ground training for a career in high-tech
- Live your dream year in Israel
- Make a social impact on Israeli society
Your high-tech career
Take time to invest in yourself. In this program, you will acquire practical expertise in your chosen field, develop your networking skills, and travel the country with like-minded people from all over the world.
In collaboration with Methodian, an organization that is dedicated to educating the next generation of tech talent in Israel, participants in the Aardvark Israel Tech Track will become prepared to be a part of the thriving high tech and startup ecosystem.
- Online learning platform, with volumes of video tutorials, readings and quizzes.
- Hackathons and Coding Challenges
- Internships at innovative startup companies
- Networking with top international professionals
- Hebrew learning and option to earn university credits
- Weekly field trips throughout the country
- Local living – explore Israel and its diverse culture
- Weekly field trips around Israel
- Option to earn university credits in Hebrew and other electives
- Extracurricular activities and more!
Daily Life on our Tech Track
- Jerusalem students live downtown next to Machane Yehuda, the famous outdoor market
- Tel Aviv students live in the trendy Florentine neighborhood surrounded by young Israelis
Our modern, comfortable apartments are shared only by participants in the program. All the apartments are fully furnished and equipped with kitchen appliances and utensils, and of course WiFi. With the guidance of a qualified counselor, participants will learn to cook, clean, budget, do laundry, and live together with roommates. Understanding that this will be the first time most of the students are living on their own, staff will work with the participants in each apartment to ensure a positive group dynamic and the health and welfare of the participants. Throughout the program, the counselors hold weekly apartment meetings to facilitate and solve any issues which may arise. They will also pay friendly, regular visits to the apartments. As the year progresses, the participants will be encouraged to be more independent in their problem-solving in order to foster growth and maturity.
- Boost your resume with your work experience in the Start-Up Nation
- Use your newly-gained tech skills in a real and challenging environment
- Network with Israeli hi-tech developers and incredible entrepreneurs
- Experience working in an office environment in Israel
You will be surrounded by opportunities to learn throughout your time in Israel. The educational component of the program is woven into exciting field trips, dynamic guest speakers, and stimulating activities. In addition, students will participate in a Hebrew Ulpan. Whether you are a beginner or quite advanced, you will expand your vocabulary and become more comfortable in a Hebrew-speaking environment. Students may also enroll in other academic courses covering a range of Jewish and Zionist topics. Extracurricular activities and workshops are also available to students, such as yoga, spoken Arabic, and Jewish art.
Up to a year of college credit is also available for successful completion of academic courses through our partnership with Portland State University.
The following are examples of the academic courses typically offered on Aardvark Israel. Please note, minimum enrollment is required for a class to open and class offerings vary between Jerusalem and Tel Aviv.
- History of Zionism and Israeli Society
- Women in the Zionist Movement
- Eternal Jerusalem – The Religions of the Holy Land
- Middle East Politics: A Microcosms
- Introduction to Service Learning
- The Art of Reading and Writing
- Midrash and Fantasy – Introduction to Midrash
- The Arab Israeli Conflict
- Jewish Medical Ethics
- Contemporary Israeli Politics
- Modern Israel Geography of the Land of Israel
- Gender and Judaism
Students will also be able to take full advantage of their free time to visit friends and family, enjoy the local nightlife, travel around Israel, or enjoy relaxing time in their apartment with their roommates.
Your Coding Bootcamp
- Programming Fundamentals
Understand how to set up your development environment, work efficiently as a developer, and make your projects a success. Learn programming fundamentals, along with the basics of computing, networks, and data structures.
- Front-End Web Development
- Back-End Web Development
Locations - Tel Aviv and Jerusalem
With Methodian, students reach their full potential in a fast-changing world. Methodian introduces them to modern tools and methods that enhance their teaching abilities and experience.
AI personalized learning, STEM fosters critical thinking and collaboration, PBL promotes authentic learning, gamification motivates and incentivizes, and co-learning creates a community of learners. These strategies enhance teaching for an immersive & hands-on learning experience. Methodian holds an experience with a wide range of high-tech methods that they implement for schools, private companies and public organizations.
Gain a deep understanding of diverse cultures and the global Jewish community through focused international trips throughout the year.
Tech Track students can do ONE International Trip per semester (not including Nepal, which is not available to them). Students can participate in our Plus program and work in an American Jewish Summer camp in June-August.